Pages

Saturday 25 July 2015

LIVING WITHOUT FEAR

Imagine a place here on earth where you can live free and secure from pain, plagues, calamities, Insurgency, suicide bombers, environmental terrorism, shootings, drugs trafficking and their consequences,  floods and tornadoes, growing xenophobia, joblessness, terrorist attacks, famine… Where can we find that place of glorious safety, that place of glorious peace and joy? Does such place really exist?
Yes. Such a place exists; it is the most glorious place to live in the entire world. It is a place of glorious safety, a place of glorious peace, of joy, where you can experience God's power and God's protection, God's goodness. That place is called the secret place of the Most High. (Psa 91:1)
For thousands of years, this Psalm 91 also known as the soldier’s Psalm has been an inspiration, comfort, and a promise for God’s people. It is amazing to read the ancient descriptions of warfare described by the psalmist, and compare it to what we see in the global war on terror today. Insurgency, suicide bombers, environmental terrorism—they seem to fit into the words “fowler’s snare”, “deadly pestilence”, “terror of night”, “arrow that flies by day”, “pestilence that stalks in the darkness”, “plague that destroys at midday.” There are definite promises we can lay hold on in this Psalm 91 that can calm our fears and help us to face the challenges undisturbed.
In these days of global instabilities and violence, where man’s pride in term of intelligence and security has shown his limits(bombings and shootings in Europe and America despite “their supremacy”), let’s heed the saying of the Lord in Isa 31:1 “Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, And rely on horses, Who trust in chariots because they are many, And in horsemen because they are very strong, But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, Nor seek the LORD!”
I have heard striking testimonies about the impact of Psalm 91 which sometimes is referred to as “The Soldier’s Psalm” in the lives of people. Late Rev Kenneth E. Hagin said after laying hold by faith on the promises of this Psalm, he never experienced an accident despite all the miles he covered by road in the course of his evangelistic campaigns. I also heard Rev. Kenneth Copeland sharing the story of a particular senior officer in the Marines in the USA army who was assigned to a high casualty troop. He made it compulsory for them to learn and recite this particular Psalm and for the years he spent with his troop, there were no casualties but barely three weeks after he left, they started recording casualties again.
I have personalised it for your use. You can even use it on your loved ones, missionaries and friends. All you have to do is just to include their names where it applies. For example: “Surely You will save (name) from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. You will cover (name) with His feathers, and under His wings (name) will find refuge; His faithfulness will be (name’s) shield and rampart.vs. 3-4
Remain blessed in Jesus Name.
Thanks



PSALMS 91:

1 Because I dwell in the secret place of the Most High God, I abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 2 I say of the LORD, "You are my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Whom I trust."
 3 Surely You deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
 4 You cover me with Your feathers, and under Your wings I take refuge; Your truth is my shield and buckler.
 5 I am not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
 7 A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it cannot come near me.
 8 Only with my eyes do I look, and see the reward of the wicked.
 9 Because I have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, my dwelling place,
 10 No evil befalls me, nor does any plague come near my dwelling;
 11 For You give Your angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.
 12 In their hands they bear me up, lest I dash my foot against a stone.
 13 I tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent I trample underfoot.
 14 Because I have set my love upon You, therefore You deliver me; You set me on high, because I know Your Name.
 15 I call upon You, and You answer me; You are with me in trouble; You deliver me and honour me.
 16 With long life You satisfy me, and show me Your salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment