Pages

Friday 17 July 2015

DO YOU DESIRE KNOW GOD BETTER?









                          

One of the major reasons many sincere Christians seems to find Christianity an uphill task is that they fail to realize that Christianity is majorly if not all about knowing a person, that is the Lord Jesus Christ. But this “knowing” is beyond the mental and academic knowledge, it is beyond what some have called "mental assent".


John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, 
the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

 Greek word used for the word “know” here is “Ginosko” which means “to learn to know, to understand, to perceive, to become acquainted with. ginosko means to have a practical intimate knowledge, the type that a man and a woman have during a sexual intercourse.

God being a spirit, that type of practical intimate knowledge is only possible as God Himself reveals it to you

No wonder the major prayers that were made on behalf of new converts were for that revelational knowledge to me made manifest to them.

Whatever we will ever desire from God as Christian has already been provided but it will take this “knowledge” to enjoy it (2Peter 1:3)

If you want to genuinely grow in that knowledge of God, I want to encourage you to daily pray the prayers below. I have personalised two of them for you.
 


Ephesians 1:16-23  
16. I will never cease to give thanks to you oh God of my Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
17. I ask that you give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation to know you better,
18. Cause the eyes of my understanding to be enlightened; that I may know what is the hope of Your calling for my life, what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints,
 19. Grant that I may know what is the exceeding greatness of Your power at work in me who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power 
20. Which You exercised in Christ when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come
22. And You put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things on behalf of the Church,
23. Which is Your body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.





Ephesians 3:14-21
14. I bow my knees to the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16. Asking oh Lord that You would grant me, according to
the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in my inner man,
17. That Christ will dwell in my heart through faith; that I, being rooted and grounded in love,
18. That I may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—
19. To know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that I may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think, according to the power that works in me,

21. To Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.


Check these other passages and personalize them for yourself: 
Philippians 1:9-11; Colossians 1:9-14; 2Thessalonians 1:11-12 .

I will be grateful if you share it with us. 

Remain strong in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment